Sunday, December 20, 2009

Welcome

All my friends and everyone seems to have a blog these days. I thought about our lives and how everyone says we must have such fascinating lives, that I finally decided to go ahead and start a blog. We'll see how well I do with it.
I am Beth. I am a mom to Andy (7) and Ryan (6), as well as a wife to Marty (44). I am 36, and we travel around the country moving every 3-6 months. Marty is a Registered Nurse and takes contracts at hospitals for 13 weeks at a time. He does work for one company, they pay for the apartments and utilities as well as renting us furniture. We bring our clothing, toys, bedding, towels, and kitchen wares with us. We have been able to do this by renting a small U-haul trailer when we are moving to a new city. So far our travels have taken us to 3 cities in Texas, Phoenix, Denver, and to the D.C. area. During our travels we have made friends, sisters and brothers, and a new set of grandparents. We visit as many tourist sites as we can, visit all the zoo's we are close to, and take advantage of free or low cost adventures. I home school the boys, have library cards from every city, and have store shopper cards from just about every store there is. One last thing you might like to know, Andy is considered a "special needs" child, he has Spina Bifida. He has surpassed most expectations and has almost no limitations.
I plan on trying to cover different subjects from Spina Bifida, steals and deals, sites to see, things to do, and what it's like to travel so much. If there is something more you want to know, ask and I'll try to answer. For now, Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it and feel free to ask questions.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment