Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Shrimp Dip for chips!!



So, I was thinking about dinner… we have hot dog buns that need to be eaten. We had chili yesterday, so I don’t want more chili today. What to make to go with them that will be semi-special and filling? Growing up my mom would make a special dip for parties and gatherings. It was for chips… wavy/ruffled chips but made them seem so special. I have the supplies, so why not! Mom told me it came from my Aunt Teri, I don’t know where she got it.

Shrimp Dip

½- ¾ cup of Chili Sauce
½ - ¾ cup of Mayo (mom uses miracle whip)
8oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup chopped onion
2tsp horseradish
4 ½ oz can of tiny shrimp (rinse and drain)


Cream mayo and cream cheese, add everything else Except the shrimp, blend well. Stir in shrimp by hand and chill.
Soooo easy! But the trick is to use a good sturdy chip like Ruffles or Wavy Lays.

 

Extra tip: 

While chopping the onions, I went ahead and chopped extra, we’ll use them on the hot dogs tonight, and I like to keep some in the fridge for morning eggs.





No comments:

Post a Comment