Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why do we travel?

I got an email from an old friend that I recently reconnected with on FaceBook. He asked, "Do you really like all the traveling?" This is how I answered him and I wanted to share with all of you. So, do I like all the traveling? Why?
Actually, it's a blast! The company rents the apartment and the furniture, all I have to worry about is clothing and cookware. They used to rent all the kitchen wares and linens but we started collecting enough of our own, you know Scooby Doo for the kids, that we now carry it with us. All of our "stuff" fits into a 5 X 8 U-haul trailer between cities. We sold our house in 2006 to hit the road. We still have lots more "stuff" it's all in a storage place in Wisconsin near my in-laws. So the traveling part isn't too bad when you don't have too much "stuff" to move. We have gotten to see so many cities and we get to spend some real time there, you can see more and really explore alot in 3 months. We have made friends and new family members, adopted a few sets of Grandparents and I picked up a sister that I never had. It sounds crazy to most people, but it is alot of fun. We have talked about when we would want to "settle down" again, no one in the family wants to stop. Of course the grand parents all think we should, and put the boys in "regular" school so they can learn better! I home school them and they learn just fine, they are really smart boys! So, we will just continue to go where God leads us, new cities or old ones, new friends and old ones, new experiences and the same old ones. It's been fun and it promises to be a good journey filled with bumps and pot holes, but in the end, life is not about the destination, it's about the journey along the way. Our journey is different than most, but it's still a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment